Monday, April 08, 2013

New fun Games for my Birthday!

In addition to everything else, I love to play a good a good board/strategy game. So here are 2 games that I got from my awesome wife and kids for my birthday. Star Fluxx and the Expansion "Inns and Cathedrals" for Carcassonne.

    


Star Fluxx is a stand alone card game, based on the Fluxx (Google Affiliate Ad) card game. But instead of common items, it uses Sci-Fi tropes as the theme. We played it and it's really fun and has some good dynamics that set it apart from the original. It's gonna get played a bunch I'm sure.

Inns and Cathedrals is an expansion pack for Rio Grande's Carcassonne (Google Affiliate Ad) which adds a coulpe new dynamics to the original game (which you need in order to use this pack). It made the game a bit more cutthroat. It was fun. It also makes it so that you can play 6 players instead of 5, which is always nice for game night. Carcassonne is a great game because it takes a little strategy, but even my 8 year old can play it and enjoy himself.

No comments: