Tuesday, April 09, 2013

INSANITY - Day 2: Plyometric Cardio Circuit

Today was the first 'real' day of INSANITY. Noah and I got to the gym (known as the Annex) at 5:00am ready to go. We popped in the Plyometric Cardio Circuit DVD and dove in.

 The DVD starts with the same warmup as the fit test and after going through the half dozen or so movements I was expecting to start, nope. Do those again...faster. Then again faster! Oh yeah. I had heard the warmup really got you going. After that, several minutes of nice streching preceded the 'circuits'. What a great workout. I must admit I did not keep up 100%, but think I at least managed 85%-%90. Also my strength gave out on me before my endurance did, which means all the running has really paid off. I think I'll be able to get a lot out of the program because I'm not panting like a dog after 5 minutes.  42 minutes later we finished the routine and I was pumped.

I felt so good that I had to jump on the treadmill for a mile to cool down.

 I am amped about this program. Can't wait for day 3.

Day 2 Fitness Stats

Plyometric Cardio Circuit

Minutes:42
Calories:498
Average HR:131
Max HR:166

Stats taken with Polar Ft7 Heart Rate Monitor Watch (Google Affiliate Ad)

No comments: