Friday, April 05, 2013

My Weekly Workout

After hitting a plateau about a month ago, I added in weight training to my running. My current workout schedule looks like this:

DayWeight TrainingCardio
MondayChest
  • Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
  • Flat Barbell Bench Press
  • Incline Dumbbell Flyes
  • Cable Crossovers
Triceps
  • Close Grip Bench Press
  • Overhead Rope Extensions
  • Reverse Pushdowns
Core
  • Captains Chair Leg Raises
    (Straight and Twisting)
  • Crunch Machine
  • Dorsal Raise with Weighted Ball
Jog/Run 3.5 Miles
TuesdayBack
  • Wide Grip Pullup
  • Lat Pulldown
  • Seated Cable Row
  • Bent Over Barbell Row
Biceps
  • Standing Barbell Curl
  • Alternate Dumbbell Curl
  • Hammer Curl
Core
  • See Monday
Jog/Run 3.5 Miles
WednesdayJog/Run 5-6.2 Miles
ThursdayShoulders
  • Overhead Press
  • Dumbell Lateral Raises
  • Bent Over Reverse Crossovers
  • Plate Shrugs
Core
  • See Monday
Jog/Run 3.5 Miles
FridayLegs
  • Barbell Squat
  • Leg Extension Machine
  • Stiff Leg Deadlift
  • Leg Curl Machine
  • Standing Dumbbell Calf Raises
Jog/Run 2 Miles Warmup
SaturdayJog/Run 5-6 Miles
SundayRest

I try to hit the gym around 5:00am and be done by 6:15am on weekdays and sleep in a little longer on Saturday. I find I am in a much better mood when I've worked out and get a good start on the day!

No comments: