Sunday, June 30, 2013

Half Marathon Training - Week 4

This was a 'recovery' week. Monday through Thursday were 5 mile easy runs and Saturday was a 6 mile easy run. I was hoping the easy runs would let my achilles feel better, but alas it's still tender. In addition to Sunday, I am taking Monday off from running to give it a breather. I watched this video from Competitor.com and will be trying to incorporate this stretch into my daily routine to see if it assists in Achilles mobility.

Competitor.com Monday Minute - Wall Ankle Mobilization

I also got my Road ID gear this week, a Road ID sport and a nice Road ID visor at an inexpensive price.

I also picked up a couple tubes of Endurolyte Fizz from Hammer Nutrition. I tried the Grape flavor on my 6 mile run on Saturday. It was a nice light grape flavor added to 22oz of water. I'll do a post on it later.

No comments: