Sunday, June 23, 2013

Half Marathon Training - Week 3

The first half of the week went really well, but I peaked on my wednesday tempo run. I pushed pretty hard and really knocked it out. I was worried about keeping the prescribed 9:47 pace for the middle 5 miles, but instead ended up with a 9 minute pace average for those miles.

But I paid for it. Saturday's long run hurt. By the end of it, my knees were aching, my hip flexors were shot and my right achilles was tender. I'm glad that next week is a recovery week: 5 easy runs. I just need to force myself to keep the pace down even if I'm feeling strong. I'm gonna start the week on the treadmill to do just that.

Week 3 of 21 overview:

Sunday: Rest
Monday: 5 Miles - Easy Run
Tuesday: 4 Miles - Easy Run
Wednesday: 7 Miles -  Tempo Run - 1 mile warm; 5 miles (9 minute pace); 1 mile cool
Thursday: 4 Miles - Easy Run
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 13.1 miles - 11:18  pace (long run)


No comments: