Monday, July 14, 2014

2014 Marathon #2 Training Begins Today

So training begins today, with an average of 4 runs a week (2 easy, 1 speed, and 1 long) for 14 weeks with some cross training in there for good measure! Since my IT band issue from the spring is still being slowly worked out, my speed has really taken a step backwards. My training plan right now has me aiming at about a 4:15:00 time, although I would love to break 4:00:00 this year, it might not happen in St. Louis. But even at 4 1/4 hours, that shaves an hour off my injured time from the spring. So let's get training!

I wanted to start with a shoutout to my nutrition sponsor Hammer Nutrition! I have been using their products for about a year and have been very happy with the results. Hammer Gel and Endurolyte Fizz tablets are my go to for fueling and electrolyte replacement. I'm hoping to do a little better with weekly updates this time around. So stay tuned!

No comments: