Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Crock Pot Bread

Here is a cross post from my cooking blog http://the-awesome-sauce.blogspot.com/


I saw an article on how to make crockpot bread the other day and so I decided to try it. I took pieces from a couple different articles to come up with how I was gonna make my bread. I've linked to the originals below. Here is what I did:

Ingredients:

1 pouch yeast
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 cups warm water
3 cups flour

Directions:

Mix water an yeast in a mixing bowl or stand mixer. Add salt, mix. Add flour 1 cup at a time until all is blended. Add a little more flour as you knead the dough or use a dough hook to knead the dough. Once you have a nice dough ball, dust it lightly with flour.

Line the crockpot with a piece of parchment paper and place the dough ball in the center, there is no need to let it rise.

Cook on high for 2 hours (or until internal temp is 190-200). Remove from crockpot and place loaf on a cookie sheet and place in oven for about 5 minutes on med-high broil setting to brown the top a little. Keep a close eye, you don't want to burn it!

Thats it. Seriously. It tastes good too. It's almost too easy!

Next time to try some seasonings, herbs, etc.


Referenced Articles

www.thekitchn.com

www.instructables.com

No comments: