Monday, December 23, 2013

So it begins...again!

This past week I started a new training plan. 26 miles in 4 runs. They were all on the treadmill since we got a bunch of Snow, Ice and Rain in the last weeks. That's ok though. But I do have to say that 10 miles on the treadmill was BORING, even if I could watch Netflix at the same time.

5 miles - easy
6 miles - tempo : 8m 15s / Mile pace for 4 miles
5 miles - easy
10 miles - long :  9m 24s / Mile pace

The major difference in this plan from the last one is that it is not a half marathon plan. It is a full marathon plan! I've got 18 weeks until the marathon. There are 2 marathons in the last weekend of April of 2014 and I haven't made up my mind which one to run yet. They are the Illinois Marathon or the Nashville Rock n Roll Marathon. I'm leaning towards Nashville, but have had a bunch of folks tell me that the Illinois Marathon is a good race. Any thoughts about either of these races?

I also got notified last week that I will be a Hammer Nutrition sponsored Athlete for 2014! I've been very happy with Hammer Gel & Endurolytes. Be sure to check them out. You can also get 15% off your first order from them. Use this link below or mention my email johnny.matthews@gmail.com or customer number (218538) when you check out!

No comments: