Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Settling In

Well, I'm into my 3rd week at Greenville College. Week one was spent getting re-acclimated to how the IT department was set up, getting my accounts set up as well as my computer and learning that I may well get pegged in the head at any time with a nerf rocket. My second week at the college was not spent there, but in Nashville, TN at the JAM 2008 convention. This is the annual conference for a company called Jenzabar who makes software for higher education. I went with Dan Coulter and Kris Truitt. We went to a lot of sessions about the core software we use at the college, but also spent a bunch of time hanging out. We watched a bunch of RiffTrax and ate ate this a hole in the wall BBQ place called Hog Heaven. So really a great time!
So now the hard work begins, but I'm looking foward to it.

No comments: