Sunday, July 21, 2013

Hammer Nutrition - Endurolytes Fizz

As I've posted before, I have a Nathan Elite Plus 1 hydration belt which has a 22oz water bottle and a 5 oz nutrition bottle. I had been using just water on my runs in the big bottle, but as it has gotten hotter outside, I realized that I needed to start replenishing my electrolytes, especially since I've been pushing some pretty long runs on Saturdays (14 miles). Since I already have a spot for carbs in the 5oz bottle, I didn't need a full up sports drink in the big bottle, plus I wanted to keep the water as 'light' as possible, to keep it more waterlike and not sicky sweet.

In my research I found Hammer Nutrition's Endurolytes Fizz tablets. These are simple tablets that you drop into your water bottle that dissolve. They are very convenient since you don't have to mess with mixes or powders. They add the following to your water:

(from the Hammer Nutrition website).


Endurolytes Fizz Grape
Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 tablet (4.5g)
Amount Per Serving%DV
Calories10
Total Carbohydrate<1g p=""><1>
Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride)13mg650%
Calcium (as Calcium Carbonate, Calcium Chloride)100mg10%
Magnesium (as Magnesium Oxide)50mg13%
Manganese (as Manganese Gluconate)3mg150%
Chloride (as Calcium Chloride)60mg2%
Sodium (as Sodium Bicarbonate)200mg8%
Potassium (as Potassium Bicarbonate)100mg3%
Tyrosine (as L-Tyrosine)100mg
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
† Daily Value not established.
Other Ingredients: Citric Acid, Natural Flavors, Sorbitol, Stevia, Wheat Germ Oil*
*Patent Pending

A 13 tablet tube is $4.95 (at Hammer's Website). I picked up the Grape and Grapefruit flavors. Both flavors are decent. In 22oz of water, the Grapefruit seems a little stronger taste, but neither is overpowering. They leave the water light and drinkable. I will definitely be continuing to use them.

No comments: